Call for submissions: The Ville de Saint-Lambert is currently looking for an artist-photographer
The Ville de Saint-Lambert is currently looking for an artist-photographer for a project featuring a large-photograph exhibition to be held in one of its parks.
Committed to stimulating artistic life and promoting access to culture within the community through a variety of actions, the Ville de Saint-Lambert is proud to add this new project to its roster of cultural initiatives. It also falls under the cultural development agreement between the City and the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec (MCCQ).
The project will present seven photographs, along with an interpretive panel designed to help visitors understand the artistic process and grasp the creative ideas that the artist wanted to express. It will showcase the talent of an artist from the region, while promoting the richness of our cultural environment.
How to apply
Artists who wish to apply must submit a series of photographs—either figurative or abstract—demonstrating an innovative artistic treatment of a subject (photomontage, conceptual photos, fantasy photos, etc.). They must also demonstrate the results of a sustained artistic process focussed on a favourite subject.
An applicant’s submission must include the following:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a document describing the artistic process (1 page);
- a document describing the proposed exhibition project (1 page);
- eight photographs representative of the proposed exhibition, including the titles of the works, the treatment used, and the year. The photographs must be high resolution (300 dpi) and lend themselves to large-format printing (47.75 x 46 inches).
Submissions must be sent by no later than June 5, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (limit of 10MB). For larger files, artists may use a download site such as https://wetransfer.com or www.dropbox.com.
Criteria and conditions
Complete files only will be examined according to the following criteria:
- aesthetic appeal and visual interest (the content);
- concept proposal and originality;
- artistic process used in the project;
- technical qualities (light, exposure and composition of the image); and
- quality of the proposed project in an outdoor setting aimed at the general public.
The selected project will be the subject of an agreement between the Ville de Saint-Lambert and the artist. The City will be responsible for the graphic montage of the exhibition and for the interpretive panel. The artist will also receive a fee of $650 following installation of the photos.